Wedding Site Rules
1. The person taking out the reservation shall be held responsible for the conduct of the group and shall see that the grounds are left in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
2. Reservations are accepted up to one (1) year in advance of the date desired. When dates for making a reservation fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday will be the date of acceptance. The reservation season generally begins with the first Saturday in May and ends with the second Sunday in October.
3. Reservation will be accepted with the provision that the reserved periods are subject to changes in fees, ordinances and regulations. There is currently a $125 fee (Frances Rose Garden and Overlook), $100 fee (Cooley Gardens and Scott Sunken Gardens), $50 fee (Woodland Trail). This fee is for a two (2) hour wedding reservation (8:30-10:30 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.-1 p.m.; 1:30-3:30 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.; and 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.). A customer may reserve more than one two-hour time block. More than one wedding may be scheduled in a day.
4. Payment is due at the time the booking is made.
5. Aisle runners may be used, placed immediately prior to ceremony and taken up immediately following ceremony.
6. There is no seating and chairs are not to be brought in, on the lawns.
7. No throwing of rice, coins, confetti, bird-seed, bubbles, etc.
8. Non-amplified music is allowed, such as guitar, flute, or small CD player. Amplified music is not allowed.
9. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
10. If a reservation is canceled at least 30 days prior to the date of use, a full refund is granted less a $10 service charge. No refund will be granted if there is less than 30 day before the reservation, unless another group reserves and pays for the time slot. Fees are not transferable to a different day or time.
11. Permission to waive any rule must be obtained in writing. Verbal permission is invalid.
13. Bring paid receipt to park on date of reservation.
FRANCES PARK ROSE GARDEN AND OVERLOOK*** (No more than 100 guests) – 2701 Moores River Drive, Lansing, Michigan 48911
a. Weddings are not permitted on the formal lawn.
b. Tables may be reserved for a reception at the pavilion, at regular charge. Extra tables may not be brought in and tables within the pavilion are not to be moved. Electricity, restrooms and caretaker are available with pavilion.
c. No arrangements made for adverse weather conditions. In case of rain, during reserved wedding period, $50 will be refunded.
FRANCES PARK WOODLAND TRAIL** (No more than 30 guests) – 2701 Moores River Drive, Lansing, Michigan 48911
COOLEY GARDENS** (No more than 100 guests) – 225 W. Malcolm X, Lansing Michigan 48933
SCOTT SUNKEN GARDENS** (No more than 50 guests) - 125 W. Malcolm X, Lansing Michigan 48933
**Restrooms, electricity and caretaker are not available at these sites.
GARDEN ETIQUETTE – Our plant collections are very important. Please refrain from collecting plants, flowers or labels, climbing on trees and shrubs, and standing or walking in garden beds. Please stay on paths walkways, where provided. Active sports or games are not permitted in garden areas. Pets are not allowed in gardens. Service dogs are welcome.
Wedding sites are primarily parks. Weddings should not take precedence or interfere with enjoyment of the park. This reservation guarantees no other weddings have been scheduled for the reserved time slot. It does not guarantee exclusive use of the park.
FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS OR INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE LANSING PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT AT 517-483-4277 MONDAY THRU FRIDAY BETWEEN 8:00 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M.