Non-Capped Marijuana Operations Application Information
Application Acceptance Update
Non-Capped Marijuana Operation Types:
- Adult Use & Medical Processor
- Adult Use & Medical Safety Compliance
- Adult Use & Medical Transport
- March 3, 2021 to April 1, 2021 –
Marijuana Operations Application General Instructions
Applications will only be accepted electronically.
- All attachments must be in a PDF format.
- PDF files should be compressed to the smallest size possible.
- Please have all documents from the checklist ready to upload before opening the application link.
- If you need more time to get additional documents together, please save your application as a draft and come back to it when you are ready.
- Applications left open for more than 24 hours will need to be started over.
- It is highly recommended to have all the documents from the checklist ready for uploading prior to submission. The checklist can be open while going through the application submission process.
- Each section includes the Ordinance citation. Click here to reference the Ordinance. Multiple files may be uploaded in each section. For example: Criminal History Background Check Paperwork – you may upload as many documents as you have stakeholders and employees.
- Each section may be reviewed by a different evaluator. Only the information attached to each section will be used to evaluate that section.
- Supporting documents such as quotes, receipts, equipment specifications, agreements, bank statements, etc. must be uploaded in the sections you intend them to support.
- It is permissible to upload the same supporting document for several sections, if applicable.
- If you have submitted the wrong document prior to submission of the application, or wish to update a document after submission of the application, please notify the Clerk’s Office in writing at [email protected] .
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure they receive an email confirming the receipt of their application. If they do NOT receive an email with a confirmation number within 24 hours of submitting the application, it is the submitter’s responsibility to notify the Clerk’s Office in writing at [email protected].
- Payment of the $5,000 application fee must be RECEIVED by the Clerk’s Office before the application will be reviewed, and should be remitted within 24 hours of application submission. Failure to remit payment in a timely manner may result in denial of your application.
- Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, Check, Electronic Check (ACH) & Money Order are accepted.
- Checks and Money Orders should be made out to City of Lansing.
- Checks and Money Orders may be delivered in person or by courier to the Clerk’s Election Unit at 2500 S Washington Ave., Lansing, 48910, using the rear entrance of the building.
- Checks and Money Orders may be sent by trackable mail to:
Lansing City Clerk
Medical Marijuana Licensing Unit 124 W. Michigan Ave, 9th Floor Lansing MI 48933-1695.
- Electronic Checks (ACH), Credit and Debit cards are accepted through the City’s Point and Pay site. There is a 3% convenience fee for credit and debit card transactions.
It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure they receive an email confirming the receipt of their application. If they do NOT receive an email with a confirmation number within 24 hours it is the submitter’s responsibility to notify the Clerk’s Office in writing at [email protected].