Our Office processes claims against the City. A claim is any situation where the City is alleged to have created property damage or a financial obligation. This can include, but is not limited to:
  • Damage to property by City owned vehicles or employees discharging their duties
  • Violations on property, such as grass, weeds, trash or board up fees
  • Improperly charged fees for City services like recycling
For sewer back up issues, please contact the Public Service Department at 517-483-4455 for the appropriate forms.

Claims Review Committee

Claims involving violations on property are reviewed and resolved by the Claims Review Committee. You may use the Claims Review Committee Form (PDF) to submit a claim regarding a violation on property.

Property Damage

Claims involving property damage alleged to have been caused by City owned vehicles or City employees while performing their assigned duties are handled by the OCA in coordination with the City's insurance company. You may use Claim Form - Property Damage and Personal Injury (PDF) to submit such a claim.

Please feel free to contact us at 517-483-4320 for additional information.