Employment Opportunities

View current job openings with Human Resources.

Lansing Parks and Recreation provides part time and seasonal employment throughout the year. We employ, score keepers, umpires, activity leaders and coordinators. In addition, you can develop a class and be an independent contractor. Employment is found with our community centers, historical site, special events, special recreation and day camps. Keep in mind that our highest employment is in the summer when we offer more day camp programs. If you have questions related to employment with Lansing Parks & Recreation Department please call the Human Resources Department at 517-483-4004, or view the current jobs posting page.

Employment Opportunities

These opportunities post here. The majority of our hiring is for the summer months, those jobs typically post in February.    
  • Umpires and Scorekeepers for various recreation sports programs (baseball, softball, volleyball, football, floor hockey, soccer, etc) (Ages 14 & up)
  • Camp Counselors (Ages 18 & up)
  • After School Leaders  (Ages 18 & up)
  • Building Supervisors (Ages 18 & up)
  • Inflatable Staff (Ages 16 & up)
  • Teen Leaders (Ages 18 & up)
  • Tennis Instructors (Ages 16 & up)
  • Lifeguards (Ages 16 & up) check out the YMCA job listings for this position. 
If you have any questions, please call the Human Resources Department at 517-483-4004, or view the current jobs posting page. You will find positions available and instructions on when and how to apply.

Internship Opportunities

Internships are available for General Recreation services. Each setting will provide you with a unique experience for the completion of your education. In addition to the internships, students have completed volunteer hours, work study hours and independent studies with supervision by a full time employee. Each student sets this up with the department of study and the direct supervisor for oversight at the particular Community Center of choice.

Exciting programs and events are scheduled throughout the year. You will be responsible for completing your requirements for your University.  The General Recreation student will assist throughout our programs. You will help at the community centers with programs and events. You will learn administrative tasks, community center operation's, special events and programming.

For information please call Emily Stevens (Leisure Services Manager) at 517-483-6074, or email.